The Mayor of High Wycombe
Sarfaraz Khan Raja was elected as a Councillor for the Terriers and Amersham Hill Ward in 2015.
Born in the Shrubbery Hospital, he has always resided in that Ward.
Sarfaraz was educated in High Wycombe where he began his career with a company that designs and manufactures high-tech products. He has been serving this company for 28 years, having joined as an apprentice he worked to become
Sarfaraz is married and his children attend local schools. In his spare time, he enjoys spending quality time with his family and takes a keen interest in playing football and cricket.
Cllr. Sarfaraz Khan Raja serves on various Council and other Committees. He is:
- President of High Wycombe Town Twinning Association
- Executive Member of a Self-Help Bereavement Society
- Deputy Cabinet Member for Communities
- Vice-Chairman of Local Area Forum (LAF)
- Vice-Chairman of WDC Conservative Group
- Vice-Chairman of High Wycombe Town Committee
- A Planning Committee member
- A Personnel and Development Committee member (May 2015-May 2018)
The Mayoress of High Wycombe
Khola Kayani Raja has a Master of Arts degree in English Language and Literature. After graduating she worked as a teacher at a local comprehensive school in
Having come to the UK she wanted to continue teaching as she has a keen interest in educating and working with children so she worked as a Teaching Assistant at the
Wycombe Mosque Trust for four years.
Teaching is something that she firmly believes in and enjoys very much.
After starting a family of her own she dedicated her time to her children who are now in full time education in local schools.
Her interests include reading and travelling.
She looks forward to supporting the Mayor in fulfilling his duties to the people of High Wycombe.